HAPMAN CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
A STRENGTHS-BASED CULTURE WITH STRONG EMPLOYEE GROWTH GOALS AND MULTIFACETED CAREER PATHS, IN A COLLABORATIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT
“If there is any difference between you and me, it may simply be that I get up every day and have a chance to do what I love to do, every day.”
- Warren Buffett, in a speech delivered to students at the University of Nebraska.
(2001, Buckingham, Clifton, Now Discover Your Strengths, pg. 19)
We believe that people are most happy and productive when they are in a position that allows them to do what they are innately good at doing. Our company hiring and career development programs are founded on the research and strengths finder system developed by Marcus Buckingham & Donald O. Clifton, Ph.D. Based on data collected over 40 years, the strengths finder program helps our company identify each employee’s unique set of core talents.
“Talent, knowledge, and skills combine to create your strengths”
(2001, Buckingham, Clifton, Now Discover Your Strengths, pg. 29)
We hire people for the strengths they possess, not the skills they have learned. Our interview process and internship evaluations are based on talent themes first, position skills second. Apply today and see what makes our company a great place to work, our people excited to come to work, and the equipment we manufacturer best in class.
A Global Company with a Hands-On Approach
We are a privately-held company with a history that spans 65 years. We operate in a collaborative, hands-on work environment. Decisions you make today, can have an impact on our company and our customers tomorrow. Everyone from the CEO to the shipping manager works together with the goal of providing the best equipment and service to our customers.
Career Development Done Your Way
Our company is part of KMC Global, (a group of companies brought together for our similarities and unique differences. Our sister companies along with our own division offer room for position and location growth and development. The path can be as unique as the individual.
Hapman is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Product Sales Assistant
Job Description Overview
Hapman is in need of an energetic, highly organized individual to assist the Product Specialist for the Helix product line. The future growth of this product line requires the addition of someone to provide assistance with multiple tasks ranging from talking with customers, to documentation control and entry, to proposal follow-ups and technical discussions. The position will be wide ranging and demanding, but be a perfect place to become completely immersed in a product line and be a potential precursor for growth opportunities within the company.
The responsibilities of this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Learn and understand all aspects of the product line.
- Customer communications, both written and verbal.
- Obtain complete Request for Quote information.
- Follow up on outstanding proposals.
- Take calls from reps and customers and be able to discuss the applications with them.
- Perform order entry tasks.
- Be able to answer customer questions with regard to schedules, shipping, etc.
- Follow up on leads and provide accurate information into the CRM.
- Provide weekly updates to our customers and reps.
- To do whatever it takes.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Highly organized.
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and talk with customers.
- Knows Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and understand mechanical concepts.
- CAD knowledge helpful.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with multiple departments within the company.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Description Overview
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the accurate preparation of all equipment drawings required for customer approval, shop manufacturing and installation. The duties will include, but not be limited to: reviewing specifications with the customer, preparation of the approval drawings, communication with the customers regarding questions and schedules, preparation of accurate manufacturing drawings, communication with the shop personnel with regard to design questions and suggestions, review of equipment before shipment to ensure that all design details have been implemented, support Customer Service for any issues that may arise with the equipment on which you worked. This is a visible position with the Company and to our Customers. Solids communication skills are required.
- Two-year Associates Degree in Mechanical Design and Drafting or equivalent experience.
- Exposure to bulk material handling equipment.
- Broad experience in systems, food, chemical process and bulk material handling with a large exposure to in-field startups, troubleshooting, debug and programming.
- Design experience with sheet metal, hoppers, chutes, structural supports and machine drive arrangements in hazardous, wash-down, sanitary and heavy industry areas.
- Ability to read electrical and pneumatic diagrams.
- Strong mechanical ability and knowledge of process equipment.
- Proficient use of AutoCAD 2015, Inventor 3D, Excel and Word.
- General math and trigonometry skills.
- Strong project management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proficient skills in handling service calls and phone support.
- Excellent communication.
- Willingness to travel.
- Development of proper and efficient equipment designs.
- Production of detailed mechanical equipment drawings using CAD and Inventor.
- Responsible for the management of the project on which you are assigned.
- CAD drawing file maintenance and backup.
- Interface with shop floor fabricators.
- eneral project engineering and customer contact including occasional customer plant visits.
- The production of quality and accurate drawings.
- Drawing transmittals.
- Adhere to schedules.
- Provide prompt and effective communications with customers.
Manager of Engineering & Innovation
Job Description Overview
Hapman, a division of KMC Global, is searching for a strong creative leader for the role of Manager of Engineering & Innovation. The manager is responsible for developing the engineering department into an efficient, productive and innovative department able to effectively handle equipment designs, manage complete material handling systems, and lead the innovations required to keep Hapman as the industry leader. Hapman maintains a strong market identity, but we realize the needs of our customers are changing rapidly. The development of Internet of Things (IoT) and smart equipment is a company initiative based on the shift in process manufacturing toward more intricate data collection and analysis. Hapman must master and lead the development and manufacture of smart equipment. The role of the Manager of Engineering & Innovation will be to couple the current day-to-day needs of equipment engineering with the development of inventive equipment designs that will meet the evolving needs of our customers. The position reports to the company Vice President.
Over the next decade, we expect rapid changes in automation and technology in process manufacturing and we are looking for a leader who can take charge and properly manage within this changing environment.
Core Competencies Include
- Dedication to Excellence and a quality output.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently lead and manage a diverse department.
- Ability to structure the department utilizing the existing talents and identify additional skill sets and talents required.
- Experience with automation.
- Know how to properly handle Project Management.
- Strong understanding of IoT and how it is used and implemented.
- Strong experience in product development.
- Understanding of the “Voice of the Customer” and the knowledge on how to apply.
- Strong understanding and drive to develop an excellent “customer experience”.
- A good understanding or programming, as it will apply to IoT.
- Knowledge of process industries and automation required.
- Promote excellence throughout the department.
- Set tone and conduct for department communications with customers.
- Manage all aspects of project management and equipment design within the departments.
- Ensure that all scheduling requirements are being met.
- Establish R &D requirements for smart equipment development, testing, and timelines for implementation.
- Assess and manage all individuals within the department.
- Collaborate with Customer Service and Manufacturing to understand on-going challenges in equipment designs and develop a strategy to change/update current designs.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Engineering or other technical discipline.
- Leadership and department management experience.
- Product development/innovation background.
- Proven ability to set and implement department objectives that support the achievement of company goals.
- Direct IoT development and implementation experience.
- Experience in automation software development.
- Advanced degree.
Production Control Engineer
- Enter equipment and parts orders into Visual and revise as needed.
- Assist in smoothing order flow throughout company.
- Create work orders as required either by customer orders or by inventory requirements.
- Purchasing, inventory control and quoting of raw steel product.
- Purchasing products as needed per production control.
- Material and product cost monitoring and cost reduction.
- Good communication skills working with engineering, shop personnel and vendors.
- Experience: Associates degree in Manufacturing Technology (or similar discipline) and two year minimum experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering drawings to include AutoCAD or AutoCAD Lt 2014 (Design experience preferred).
- General understanding of manufacturing principles and procedures.
- General math skills.
- Keyboard speed and proficiency.
- History of purchasing/inventory control and/or steel processes.
- General understanding of accounting principles and procedures.
- Familiarity with 3D software.
Electrical Controls Engineer
Electrical Controls Engineers are responsible for overall design of the company’s electrical controls & associated PLC and HMI programming. Duties include preparation of engineering drawings & documentation for control packages. This is a highly visible position both within the Company and to its customers. Strength in controls design coupled with proven project management ability and excellent communication skills are hallmarks of the successful Electrical Controls Engineer. This position reports to the Engineering Manager and may be required to supervise the work of others depending on project size & workload.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Documented experience writing PLC logic and HMI programming.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD electrical.
- Working knowledge of Windows & general computer operation.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel & Project.
- Must be able to work independently, accurately & efficiently.
- Demonstrated communication, organizational & time management skills.
- Documented experience with field installations.
- Have the capacity to manage and direct the work of others.
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent projects.
The following activities are required in this position:
- Design and testing & troubleshooting of controls, including panels, PLC logic & HMI programming
- Production of detailed panel layout drawings with bill of materials.
- Customer contact with respect to electrical control portions of our projects.
- “Ownership” and responsibility for projects.
- Travel to customers and providing Engineering, Start-up & Installation support.
- Panel & logic check-out in the shop before shipment.
- Maintenance of the Production Schedule by finishing work on time.
- Interpretation of Customer specifications.
- Others as required by the Engineering Manager.
- Work closely and communicate with other departments regarding current projects and quotation of future work.
- Electrical Controls Engineers represent the company at the highest level and must conduct themselves in a professional manner.
PRAB Application Engineer
Applications Engineers are responsible for the preparation of Sales drawings, quotations & other documentation in support of PRAB's sales efforts. Duties include all Sales Engineering activities from time of basic Customer inquiry until the final equipment purchase order is prepared for engineering. This is a visible position within the Company and to our customers. Solid communication skills are required due to the combined Sales and Engineering nature of this position. Reports to an Engineering group, Product Manager, and may infrequently be called upon to supervise the work of others, depending on project size & workload.
- Associates of Applied Science in Engineering Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD ,3-D experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Windows & general computer operation.
- Working knowledge of MS Word & Excel.
- Basic knowledge of machine design & electrical controls (PLC).
- Demonstrated Communication and Organization skills.
- Sales and estimating experiences are desirable.
The following are required of this position on a daily basis:
- Production of sales drawings, formal & budgetary quotations.
- Cost estimation & pricing (includes installation pricing).
- May act as primary customer contact from concept through purchase by Customer.
- Testing and evaluation of Customer materials.
- "Ownership" and responsibility for assigned projects
- Maintenance of PRAB Proposal Schedule by finishing work on time.
- Work independently, accurately & efficiently.
Technical Sales: Cutting Fluid Filtration.
Close orders for PRAB Industrial Fluid Filtration Equipment.
- Identifying opportunities, collecting application data and understanding customer’s existing processes.
- Quoting customer needs.
- Support the existing PRAB Manufacturer Representative network in promoting PRAB Products
- Learn the competition, their strengths and weaknesses and how to close against them.
- Identify the key players and decision makers.
- Develop appropriate sales and closing strategies.
- Follow up on Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL) and submitted proposals.
- Other duties assigned by PRAB National Sales Manager.
Reports to the National Sales Manager
- Associates Degree minimum.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Communication skills.
- Exposure to outside sales.
In-House Technical Support
- Works with Technical Development Coordinator to identify & resolve field issues.
- Responsible to communicate steps for resolution to the customer as directed by Technical Development Coordinator and Skills Assessment.
- Will be responsible to communicate with customers to identify equipment issues.
- Needs to be able to complete a Verbal Parts Order Request Form completely.
- Has ability to communicate with customer and co-workers professionally.
- Responsible to update CRM and any open case files pertaining to issues being handled.
- Responsible to make sure that all information dealing with Service Meeting Cases are fully updated & accurate.
- Need to determine when equipment is not working to customer expectation and pass job to Technical Development Coordinator.
- Works directly with Service Manager to keep schedule updated.
- Minimal travel may be required. Up to 25% possible.
- Other duties as required.
Customer Service Utility
- Scan customer files into designated file on computer.
- Organize customer files to be scanned.
- Organize larger drawings that need to be scanned by the scanner in the print room.
- Other duties as tasked.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with Windows software.
Field Service Technician
- Service PRAB & Hapman products at customer locations.
- Perform preventive maintenance, site surveys, installations, modifications and equipment start-ups as required by customers.
- Provide training and re-training in the use of PRAB & Hapman equipment at customer locations.
- Provide phone service and troubleshooting support from home office.
- Provide sales leads to Sales Department.
- Determine parts required for in field repairs.
- Co-ordination of service trips including travel plans.
- Accurately communicate and discuss problems with customers.
- Document all aspects of Service work performed.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Ability to travel 80 – 85% travel time (US and International travel.
- Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge and ability to perform high quality welds.
- Working knowledge of PLC controls and logic.
- Hydraulic knowledge/troubleshooting beneficial.
- High School education, technical training and 2 to 4 years of related technical service work.
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations.
- Quality of work
- Works without supervision
- Must be able to conduct themselves in a safe manner.
- Maintain a safe & clean work area.
- Read, write and interpret complex PRAB blueprints and lists of materials.
- Fabricate components & assemblies from blueprints & sketches.
- Plan various operations required to make assemblies.
- Become familiar with and fabricate pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Be familiar with the construction & operation of shop equipment and maintain it.
- Perform routine machine set-up.
- Act as a group leader (subject to the individual acceptance).
- Continuous improvement is expected in all critical activities such as overall machine quality, safety, weld strength & appearance and productivity.
- Design, build and install guards and drive assemblies.
- Set-up and install drive assemblies.
- Final quality checks of products.
- Dimensional verification of parts and final product.
- Work in other areas of the operation as directed by supervision.
- Others as assigned by supervision.
- Will have a skill-set that allows the quick, accurate jigging and checking of products manufactured by the company.
- The ability to perform high quality welds in all positions (vertical up, down, flat and overhead) typically required in fabricating PRAB machinery.
- The ability to perform high quality welds on stainless steel and other alloys such as cast iron, nickel and manganese steels is required.
- Will have the skill set to perform the following welds: TIG (Primary), MIG, and ARC.
- Will have the skill set to perform surface finish specifications up to food grade on stainless steel surfaces (including food grade welding and polishing).
- The employee will supply all basic tools required to perform the above operations.