Save time, energy, maintenance and floor space with the Hapman Solidquid™ powder & liquid slurry delivery system.
Automatically and precisely unload, measure and deliver a variety of dry bulk ingredients as a pre-blended slurry to your mix tank, blender or other process equipment. Solidquid meters powders into the motive liquid stream to minimize dust and clumping, and dramatically reduces residence and mix times. Unlike traditional mixing applications that use a liquid filled tank with dry product dumped on top, the Solidquid needs no additional mechanical conveyors, and you can save money by connecting to existing liquid delivery equipment. Tank mixing systems have several motors that run various pieces of equipment required to properly move and blend dry and liquid components. The Solidquid slurry delivery system uses the motive liquid and engineered venturi to effectively produce a slurry mixture. The Solidquid has only one motor that runs the feeder; less motors mean less maintenance and lower energy costs. Plus, Solidquid’s small footprint takes up less floor space and offers more flexibility in equipment layout.
Liquid enters the funnel-shaped wetting cone and creates a vortex, preventing solids from accumulating in the wetting cone and organizing the powder for optimum flow. Meanwhile; the motive liquid stream enters the eductor through a converging nozzle to create a high-velocity jet. Liquid leaving the converging nozzle expands in the discharge horn, generating a vacuum behind it. This vacuum draws the material from the wetting cone through the solids inlet, into the eductor. There, both the motive liquid and the solids from the wetting cone mix to form a slurry. The eductor discharges the slurry to
downstream holding or mixing tanks.
General Rules of Application
- Motive liquid may not exceed 140 degrees F.
- Motive fluid viscosity may not exceed 100 centipoise.
- Ratio of liquid to solid is typically 8:1 or greater (by volume). Higher concentrations are possible (depending on mixed viscosity), but may require a closed loop concept wherein slurry is circulated through the eductor more than once.
- Back pressure (pressure in the discharge pipe) may not exceed 15 to 20 psig (775 mm of Hg).
- Hapman’s PosiPortion™ feeder precisely meters powder delivery
- Continuous and accurate liquid to solid ratio
- Reduce required floor space and potentially downsize tank requirements with a slurry pre-process
- Improve liquid to solid contact
- Eliminates product dusting
- Capture and use even airborne product from the vacuum generated by the venturi -effect, which pulls airborne material particles into the motive liquid stream.
- Handle a range of flexible intermediate bulk container (FIBC) sizes up to 4,000 lbs with the height-adjustable, fork-lift-style bulk bag frame.
- Increase efficiency with large bulk bags that permit longer, uninterrupted production runs and less operator assistance.
- Keep bulk solids flowing smoothly with Hapman’s bulk bag unloader agitation paddles.
- Hoist and trolley bulk bag frame allows operators to quickly load and unload bulk bags.
- Bag agitators maintain an uninterupted flow of materials from the bulk bag.
- Access chamber with integral dust collector pulls airborne particulate away from the operator and eliminates lost product and a potential waste stream typical of other remote dust collector options.
- LumpMaster® effectively breaks up agglomerated material prior to entering the PosiPortion™ feeder to assure a more consistent feed and easy mixing into the motive liquid stream.
- Controls for ease of calibration, recipe changes, status monitoring, performance monitoring and diagnostics.
Optional Bulk Bag Unloader with agitation paddles
Skid-mounted pre-mixing solid/liquid system. Dry material is manually emptied into the bag dump station, full system controls automate the slurry production and tank filling.
Solid-liquid Application Examples
Our Solidquid solid-liquid slurry system has a two-stage design. Stage one creates a vacuum which helps to suck powders or granulates into the eductor. Stage two disperses solid components into the liquid phase. Here are some application examples to help you understand the versatility and power of this equipment.
Slurry created with a Helix Flexible Screw Conveyor – This configuration can be used in a wide variety of applications, here the Helix is feeding dry material into the inlet hopper of the Posiportion Feeder, the feeder is metering the dry product into the wetting cone of the Solidquid system.
Slurry made using a Vacuum Conveyor to storage tank – In this application example our Vacuum Conveyor is used to easily convey material right from the supply barrel or bag into the educator of the Solidquid. The slurry is conveyed up into the holding tank using the pressure from the Slurry delivered from a Hoist & Trolley Bulk Bag Unloader
Optimal efficiency is achieved when coupling the Solidquid slurry delivery system with bulk handling and pre-processing components - In this system, the bulk material enters the delivery process through the use of an electrically operated Hoist and Trolley Bulk Bag Unloader. The material flow is enhanced with the optional pneumatic bag agitator, allowing material to flow in a free form through the discharge valve and into a LumpMaster, lump breaker. Clumps in the material are broken down to ¾” size or less and delivered to the inlet hopper of the Posiportion volumetric feeder. The feeder meters the dry material into the Solidquid slurry delivery system. The vacuum created in the Solidquid system effectively blends the solid and liquid and moves the slurry downstream.
Slurry produced from Major and Minor Ingredients - For those of you with multiple materials missing.